SSS - Flags For Fallen Vets 5.30.21
Time & Location
About the Event
We are meeting for breakfast at 7:00am at the Cracker Barrel at exit 301 off I75. (PLEASE NOTE THE RACTRAC IS NOT OPEN ON THIS EXIT)
Meeting at Cracker Barrel (Exit 301 on I75) at 8:00 and leaving at 8:15 SHARP. We will leave from Cracker Barrel and head to the cemetery.
Arrive at Florida National Cemetery and proceed to the Section as designated on your ticket to arrive not later than 9:00AM. Expect heavy traffic near the cemetery. RAIN OR SHINE, we will proceed.
What to bring
• A screw driver and hammer
• Your own bottled drinking water
Your Section Team Leader will be waiting for you at your section
• Flags will be passed out to volunteers at 9:00 AM.
• Volunteers with loved ones buried in the cemetery will be allowed to place flags on their graves before others are permitted to place any flags.
Placing the Flags
• Flags only go on the front of a headstone or marker; none on the back, even if there is a name there.
• Place the flag 12 inches from the CENTER of gravestone or marker, and 4 inches deep. Use four inch screw driver as needed.
• Columbarium placement is one flag in front of each column in the trench that already exists.
What to say when placing the flag
• Read the veteran’s name aloud and thank them for their service and sacrifice.
- Flags For Fallen Vets$0$00$0